No Weapon Formed Against Ray Lewis Shall Prosper

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

~ Isaiah 54:17 (KJV)

I wouldn't call myself a die-hard San Francisco 49ers fan, but I support any California NFL team that makes it to the Super Bowl.

That said, I don't think the 49ers are going to win the Super Bowl this year.  And it's not their fault.

This is Ray Lewis' year, and no weapon formed against him in the pursuit of his final Super Bowl ring will prosper.

I'm not a Ravens fan, either, but you don't have to be to feel the profound love and respect the Ravens have for Lewis.  My husband Black Man Not Blogging (BMNB) always says, "The team that wants it the most always wins."  The desire of the Ravens to bring home that Super Bowl ring for Lewis is palpable.  They've already named it and claimed it in Lewis' name.  Even members of opposing playoff teams have made the pilgrimage across the field or to the Ravens' locker room after losing to the Ravens to pay their respects to Lewis.

Despite Lewis' obvious deep love of God, the game, and his teammates, at least one person of small spirit (a Patriots supporter, no less) has taken the opportunity to attempt to besmirch Lewis, bringing up his murder trial, his children by different women, etc.

Lewis, ever the believer, forgave the woman.  He's content to "let the game take care of the game."

I'm no Bible scholar, either, and whenever I would hear anyone quote Isaiah 54:17, I'd get a little perturbed that they were using it out of context.  God isn't saying that "no weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper" simply because you're you, but because you're aligned with His purpose.  Quoting Isaiah 54:17 to yourself when you're in line to try to snag a pair of Air Jordans, for example, would be a misunderstanding, to say the least.

But maybe, just maybe, it is God's purpose that Ray Lewis win.  God does reward His servants.

That's why, as much as I would love to see the 49ers win, I believe in my spirit that it's Ray Lewis' year, and no weapon formed against him shall prosper.  The best thing the 49ers can do to honor Lewis is to play as a team worthy to take the field with him.

No comments:

Black Woman Blogging's 2020 Not-Fucking-Around Guide to Voting Securely and Her California Voter Guide

It's been a minute since I've put fingers to keyboard to blog here.  A lot has happened, too much to discuss at this point because v...