Obama, Hillary Got Barack'd! Obamaudacity On The Move

"Obama, he Barack'd my world!"

Grace Adler, commenting on her "dream" about Barack Obama, Will and Grace

Well, it looks like 1) I might not be the political jinx I thought I was, and 2) Hillary Clinton got Barack'd in Iowa, and not in the same way Grace Adler from Will and Grace describes her "dream" experience with Obama. Clinton didn't even tie or come in second; she came up a bit short behind Edwards.

Looks like we have a real primary going on, not some insipid coronation.

And, as I referenced in my previous Obamadacity post, it was, in large part, due to young voters turning out, many for the first time.

I couldn't be more proud.

That so many young voters -- most of them college students, I understand -- turned out in bone-chilling weather to send a statement not only to the country but to the Democratic Party Establishment that, this time around, they would not be denied, makes me proud.

Proud that perhaps young people are taking their country back.

To all those young voters in Iowa, and those young voters who have yet to but intend to vote, I applaud and salute you. Ella Baker, Fannie Lou Hamer, Kwame Toure (Stokely Carmichael) and Dr. King would applaud you and salute you were they alive. They knew that the brightest and most fervent hope for an American that lives up to its principles of freedom and democracy lies with our young people.

And I love that, in a state that is 95% white, Obama was judged by the content of his character, not the color of his skin. If he keeps this up, he might not even need the African American vote -- so take note, those of my brothers and sisters who said that he's not "black enough." He might not have to be, whatever that is.

To those young voters in Iowa, I say, Barack on with your bad selves!

Obamaudacity -- coming to a Democratic Primary near you!

1 comment:

VwsRMyLife said...

i am beginning to feel that there are still some states where people vote as commanded.see what just happened in the NH?

hilary gets choked up talking the necessity of change, all the news show air it and VOILA! she wins based on the 'sorry charlie' factor.

who in the hell was weak enough to be swayed by a woman sobbing.

now did we see Hil cry when her husband got tagged christening the Oval Office with Ms. Lewinsky?

what is this world coming to.

pray for the power of Obamaudacity to prevail.

g

Black Woman Blogging's 2020 Not-Fucking-Around Guide to Voting Securely and Her California Voter Guide

It's been a minute since I've put fingers to keyboard to blog here.  A lot has happened, too much to discuss at this point because v...