The Fact Is (I Need You) (With Apologies to Jill Scott)

And even though I can do all of these things by myself,
I need you . .


“The Fact Is (I Need You)” by Jill Scott

Welcome back, Hillary. With a little negative campaigning and fear mongering, you managed to revive a campaign that was on life support. I may not admire your methods, but I do admire your tenacity. If I didn’t know any better, I would say that you’ve been reading my blog. You’re now describing yourself as a fighter, and you’re stating that the campaign is a job interview. Yep, you’re so cribbing my blog. But I ain’t mad at you.

And I hear you made an effort to reach out to Obama, saying you’d be happy to have him on the ticket. As Vice President.

Of course you would. Because you can’t beat John McCain by yourself, and you can’t draw the same number of voters by yourself. But a Clinton/Obama ticket? Priceless.

So, to borrow from a Jill Scott song, the fact is, you need him.

But have you thought that perhaps the fact that you need him means that you should be the Vice President on the ticket?

Just a thought.

No comments:

Black Woman Blogging's 2020 Not-Fucking-Around Guide to Voting Securely and Her California Voter Guide

It's been a minute since I've put fingers to keyboard to blog here.  A lot has happened, too much to discuss at this point because v...