Good (?) Friday

I've always wondered why they call the day Christ was crucified "Good Friday."

Begs the question: Good for whom?

I still haven't see The Passion of The Christ because I can't get past the crucifixion, even the very idea of it. What a terrible way to die -- suffocating due to one's own weight or slowly dying from the physical shock, exhaustion or dehydration associated with it. What inhumane souls could have even conceived of such a way to kill someone?

I'm not the most well-versed Christian and I don't attend church regularly, but these virtues are not required to grasp the enormity of His sacrifice. For your salvation and mine.

Happy Easter. I can't quite get to the point of wishing anyone a "good" Good Friday, though.

No comments:

Black Woman Blogging's 2020 Not-Fucking-Around Guide to Voting Securely and Her California Voter Guide

It's been a minute since I've put fingers to keyboard to blog here.  A lot has happened, too much to discuss at this point because v...