Help Jasmine Guy "Cook Up Service" for Underserved Kids -- Donate by January 10

I'm a big Jasmine Guy fan. She's a rare thing in today's entertainment world -- a sextuple threat (dancer, actor, singer, director, writer, producer) who continues to serve up our culture to us whether we're supporting it or not -- and you know we should. She will not be deterred, and she definitely walks the talk when it comes to our people.

So when my best friend said that Ms. Guy is trying to raise funds for underserved kids to participate in a one-day service camp at the Young Chef's Academy in Sandy Springs, Georgia, I figured I'd do my small part to help promote it.

"Cooking Up Service" is a one-day camp during which underserved kids will take lessons from Ms. Guy in acting, dancing, building self-esteem, and avoiding peer pressure. The kids will then cook treats to be shared with the Hammond Glen Senior Center. The menu these kids will be cooking up includes "I Have A Dream Drop Biscuits," "Peace (Peach) Cobbler," "Service Day Soup," and Rainbow Cupcake decorating.

Donations would be greatly appreciated before January 10th, and no donation is too small.

Please help if you can. I'm including Ms. Guy's email below.

BWB

Hi everyone - Please help me out. I am hosting a service oriented camp for kids on MLK day (Jan 17, 2011) at Young Chef's academy in Sandy Springs, Ga (www.cookingupservice.com). I'm inviting 10 kids from underserved communities and I need your help to underwrite the cost of their attendance. No amount is too small! Really, any amount will help. Please help me give these kids the gift of service.

Donate here. We need all donations by Jan 10, 2011.

Thank you,

Jasmine Guy
cookingupservice.com

No comments:

Black Woman Blogging's 2020 Not-Fucking-Around Guide to Voting Securely and Her California Voter Guide

It's been a minute since I've put fingers to keyboard to blog here.  A lot has happened, too much to discuss at this point because v...