I'm In, But Are You, Mr. President?

Yesterday on the Today Show, President Obama said that there are days when he thinks one term is enough but that he is committed to seeking re-election because he believes in the work that remains to be done.

Today, on Facebook, I was asked whether "I'm In" for President Obama's second term. I clicked on the icon and signed up. But I didn't donate the requested minimum $25.00. Not yet.

My question is, are you in, Mr. President? No, really. I mean it.

I'm one voter who has actually run a political campaign. And one thing I know is that if the candidate isn't all in -- hasn't fully committed, hasn't doubled down on him or herself -- the campaign is pretty much dead in the water. I was lucky to have a candidate who was indeed all in, so much so that he backed up his commitment to his candidacy with his own money.

With all due respect, Mr. President, you can't win this until you've made up your mind that it is indeed won. It all starts with your intentions. Oh, and a little reminder: Your candidacy isn't about you. It's about the nation. It's about us.

So let me know when you're really all in, Mr. President. Maybe then I'll back up my commitment to your candidacy with some money.

No comments:

Black Woman Blogging's 2020 Not-Fucking-Around Guide to Voting Securely and Her California Voter Guide

It's been a minute since I've put fingers to keyboard to blog here.  A lot has happened, too much to discuss at this point because v...