Dear Occupy Wall Street,
I support you, really I do. But the time has come to move beyond occupying to accomplishing. It's time to adopt an agenda and push it. Need an agenda? Take this one:
1) Re-enact Glass-Steagall.
2) Overturn Citizens United by constitutional amendment and strip corporations of personhood and speech rights.
3) Repeal the Bush tax cuts for the top 1%. If these cuts were supposed to help the "job creators" create jobs, we wouldn't have so much unemployment.
4) Pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting CEOs from making more than 40 times in salary, benefits and stock options than the annual salary of the lowest paid employees in their companies.
5) Break up banks that received TARP money so they're no longer "too big to fail."
6) Prosecute the CEOs of the commercial banks, mortgage lenders, investment banks, and rating agencies that precipitated the real estate bubble.
I know this doesn't encompass all the issues you're protesting about, but it's a good start.
Here's a tagline for you, borrowed from the late comedian Robin Harris:
"We don't die; we occupy."
You're welcome. Rock on, Occupy Wall Street.